Saturday, July 8, 2017


I'M A GRANDMA!  How exciting and stressful at the same time.  It's been a rough week and Teisha had to go through so much to get our beautiful granddaughter here.  We are so excited to be grandparents and that both momma and baby are doing well.

Teisha was due on Wednesday, July 5th.  The day came and went and she really hadn't had many pains.  When she showed up for her normal checkup, the doctor said she was only dilated to a 2 and they scheduled her induction for the next Wednesday, just in case she had not had her.  On Thursday, Teisha called at 1:30 and said, I think my water just broke.  I asked if she was having any pain and she said no, but that they were coming down to St. George for her to be checked.  The doctor did a test to be sure it was her water that had broken and it was, so they admitted her to the hospital.  She waited, but never could feel any pains and they said she was having contractions, but they weren't doing anything.  They started her on pitocin to help the contractions be harder and come faster.  By 8 p.m. Teisha was in a lot of pain, so at 10:30 they gave her an epidural.  When she first got to the hospital and started an IV the nurse missed her vein and had to keep trying and Teisha doesn't do well with needles, so that was her first not so good experience.  Then the epidural hit something and made her left hip hurt like crazy for a while.  At 12:30 a.m. the doctor came in and said Teisha was only dilated to a 3 and that it would be a while, so to let her get some rest.  I think he was a little overwhelmed because Teisha had 15 people in her room.  Two of them were camera people there to take pictures of the birth and most of them were Ryan's family.  At 5:30 a.m. Teisha called me crying and said she had gotten an infection from having her water break so long ago and that the baby would probably get it.  I headed to the hospital at 8 and stood by her almost all day trying to hold ice on her head to bring her fever down and comforting her when things kept going wrong.  Finally at 1:30 the nurse said they would have Teisha start trying to push.  She pushed so hard for 2 hours and the nurses said she was such a good pusher, but the babies head was so big and she was face up, so she couldn't fit under Teisha's pelvic bone.  The doctor came in and said they couldn't even use forceps because the baby wasn't down far enough and that they should consider a C section.  Teisha and Ryan were both so upset, we all were because that wasn't what we wanted to hear after over 24 hrs. of hard labor.  At first Teisha said no, she would keep trying, but Ryan talked to her and told her she had done everything she could and he thought she should have the surgery for her and the babies sake.  Aria Rose was born at 4:42 p.m. on 7-7-17 and she weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21 1/4 inches.  She was such a big baby and she was face up and the doctor said Teisha has a tiny pelvis, so those were the reasons she couldn't deliver her.  She is such a beautiful baby with dark hair like Teisha had and she looks just like Teisha did even with the oriental looking eyes.  We can't wait to spoil her.  Teisha is exhausted and the baby has been a little sick.  They think she may have gotten the infection that Teisha had, so she will be in the nicu for 36 hours and hopefully all will be well.

When she first got to the hospital she wasn't
in any pain and feeling good.

She has no idea what she is in for.  Poor thing.

Getting more epidural after many hours
of laboring.

Flowers and chocolates Grandma Durtsche
and Aunt Samantha sent.

Going in for a C Section.

My first time to hold Aria.

She has lungs.

So precious.

I was super emotional all day.

Couldn't be more proud!

Aunt Tianna is so excited.

Emotions were high.

Uncle Jayden stayed at the hospital
for many hours patiently waiting and
as soon as he got off work he hurried back.

Teisha's first time to see the baby.

Witnessing the first time Teisha held
Aria was amazing.  Aria had been
crying off and on, but never cried once Teisha
took her and just kept starring into Teisha's face.

Teisha was so swollen in the feet and legs
so she had compression socks on.

Ryan is going to be such a good daddy.

Ryan's mom, Shirley's first time holding Aria.

Teisha at 2 months.

No comments:


The Thompson's