Friday, April 26, 2019

Vacation In Phoenix

My brother Steven and his wife Stephanie live in Phoenix and are moving back to Wyoming at the end of May, so we decided to go spend some time with them and check out Arizona.  We had never been before and we all loved it there.  I could live there easily and would love to retire there.  Even though St. George is warm, the winters aren't warm enough for me.  I don't like wearing clothing and shoes, so the hotter the better for me.  We flew from St. George to Phoenix and the flight was only 1 hour.  We rented a car and drove to Steven and Steph's and we all went to dinner at Firebird.  It was the best place I have ever eaten.  I thought it was way better than Ruth's Chris.  I had the best ribeye and tater tots ever.  (Napoleon Dynamite would have been proud)😆

Friday while Steven and Steph worked we went to Old Town and checked out all the shops and historic buildings.  It was really neat.  We rode scooters and ate pizza at a bricked oven place and the pizza was fabulous.  We drove around Scottsdale and looked at all the beauty there.  Everything is so clean and well taken care of.  No trash and no homeless people.  I have been wanting to test drive a Range Rover for about 4 years and since we don't have a dealership in St George we decided to go check out the dealership in Scottsdale.  It was sweet because it was the Jaguar, Land Rover, Bentley, BMW, Maserati, Lamborghini, & Porsche all in one.  Afterwards we met Steven and Steph to race electric cars and went to a sushi place for dinner.  What a fun day!
All the trees and bushes were so pretty
and in bloom.  This is the first
thing you see as you come out
of Steven and Steph's apartment.  I'm
all about plants and pretty trees and bushes.

Me & Jayden in Old Town.







This made me think of an old western.

I told Jayden to squat down and this is what I got.😆




Several people were riding around on this
party bike pedaling in Old Town.
It looked fun!

This guy was on America's Got Talent playing his
flute and Indian heritage music.  He was amazing.

I LOVED this salad.  It had watermelon
vinaigrette.  It was amazing.



Jayson liked the Velar - Range Rover




Steven kicked butt in the car racing.

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's