Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bank Robbery In St George

Since today is September 11th I feel like everyone is a little more nervous and scarred than normal because we have been threatened that every year on the 11th there will be a terrorist attack.  Ever since three planes were hijacked and the twin towers in New York City were brought down on September 11, 2001,  this day will never be the same.

I was on my way home around 2:30 and I kept seeing all these cop cars and cops dressed in swat gear and they were within a mile of my house on the main road we travel.  I kept looking around to see if they had someone pulled over or if there was an accident and I couldn't see anything.  In my mind I was wondering what in the world is going on?   I got home and barely pulled in the garage and I get a text from Tianna saying Zion's Bank had been robbed and the robber took two female hostages.  About that same time I was just going to get out of my car when I see a strange man walk up my driveway and to my front door.  I quickly shut my garage door and stayed in my car for a few minutes praying I had my front door locked.  By this time, I new the robber was out in Washington Fields close to my home and everyone was supposed to be staying in their homes with the doors locked because he was on foot.  I finally came in the house and found that it was a salesman going door to door and he had left me a flyer.  Like I said, I was more nervous than usual anyway.  All the schools were locked down and the robber was finally found and shot to death.  It was a relief to know he was caught and sad for his family and friends.  He actually lived not real far and was going through some hard things.  Things like this don't happen a lot in St George, so everyone was pretty up tight.  The city even got the armored car out.


No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's