Sunday, October 5, 2014

Conference Sunday

Since today was general conference and we get to watch church on tv, I got up and got my bath so I would be already for the day.  Tianna & Eric came over for the first morning session.  Jayson cooked ham and eggs and I made cinnamon rolls and sticky buns.  Teisha & Ryan came over for the afternoon session and I made rolo chocolate chip cookies and reeses chocolate chip cookies.  I usually don't listen to conference on Saturday and am busy cooking for everyone on Sunday, but this time I heard most of the talks and even listened Saturday afternoon.  Conference was really good.  It reaffirmed to me that we need to follow the prophet because he is God's mouth piece to us.  We had all the kids for dinner.  Every Sunday I cook a big meal and all our kids and spouses come over and Samantha and her kids.  I have cooked a big dinner since I've been married and since our kids started college they have always come home and brought friends or significant others for dinner.  It's fun to get together and talk and sometimes we play games or take a walk.  Everyone looks forward to our time together and I think my girls like that they don't have to cook.  It is getting to be quite a crew though, so I might have to start making some assignments.

Yummy cinnamon rolls

Sticky buns

Ryan and Teisha snuggling during conference

Oh, Jayden doesn't have a snuggle buddy

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's