Friday, May 20, 2016

Helping Teisha

The past two weeks have been crazy.  I spent Monday thru Thursday driving to Springdale each morning with Teisha to help her clean and paint Ryan's parents home that they lived in for 30 years.  It hasn't had much done to it, so they painted the whole house and replaced all the carpet with vinyl and new carpet.   They had a new master shower tiled and a new toilet and two new interior doors with frames and all new baseboards.  They want to replace all the doors inside eventually, but they are out of money.  I bought Teisha a new stainless steal stove hood and Jayson will go put it in tomorrow for her.  I also got her a new carpet shampooer.  Now that she has her own house she will need one.  I cleaned all the kitchen cupboards and restained them and they look so good.  I also painted all the interior door frames.  It was a lot of work and long hours.  I came home every night around 6 cooked dinner, did laundry, and started over the next day.  Friday I stayed home to do two sets of nails and clean the house and Jayson, Jayden, and I went back to Springdale on Saturday.  Jayson and Jayden helped replace 80 outlets and several switches and put in new air vents.  Sunday night my in-laws got her to live.  Monday and Tuesday it was back to Springdale.  Wednesday I had 3 nail clients and I went to see my doctor.  I have been getting acupuncture in my hips, gluts, and left shoulder.  The doctor said he isn't seeing any improvement.  I was in so much pain all day.  He said he is giving me two more weeks and I can't help Teisha anymore or do much for two weeks.  If I'm not better he is referring me to someone else.  So yesterday I spent the day helping my father in-law get all his utilities set up and drove them to the social security office.  They close on their house on Tuesday and then poor Jayson will be busy helping them move.  It's been a busy, hard two weeks.  I can't wait for things to get back to normal and I'm hoping I feel better soon.
The drive to Springdale is sooo beautiful.  This
picture doesn't do it justice, but it's the only
one I got.

We wanted to paint or stain the cabinets a different color
but Ryan's mom didn't want them changed so I just made
them look new by adding a new finish.


Painting door frames white!
Teisha cleaning.

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's