Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day

Father's Day has been a little hard for the past 4 years since dad passed away.  I always miss calling him and sending him a gift.  I spent time thinking a lot about him and all my great memories.  He was such a great dad.  He loved to spend time with us kids and he always made me feel loved and he had such a good sense of humor.  He always made us laugh.  Jayson said he sure loved my dad and how he always made him feel welcome.

Jayden was in Springdale with Teisha and Ryan today, so Jayson and I just spent the whole day hanging out together.  We drove around and looked at cars, houses, and the beautiful place we live.  We talked all day and it was much needed for both of us.  I love that we can just spend the whole day together just being us and it's fun.  Jayson needed to talk about business and just life.  Life sometimes is so hard and it's really hard to stay positive.  It's nice to have each other to lean on and turn to.  I'm so thankful for Jayson in my life.  We grew up together and have been through a lot of good and bad, but at the end of the day we have each other.  He is a good dad to our 4 kids and they love him so much.  For a gift, I sent Jayson and his dad to get massages yesterday.  That was Jayson's dad's first massage and he loved it.   It is always nice at the end of Sunday to have our kids here and now Jayson's parents too.  I made Jayson a big breakfast and for dinner we had a rack of ribs, tri tip steak, watermelon, pasta salad, and Jayson's favorite, cheesecake.  What a great day!  I could spend each day like this.
This is my dad fresh out of high school and
in the Air Force.

5 months before dad died


Happy Father's Day Jayson!

Happy Father's Day Grandpa Thompson



No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's