Thursday, March 16, 2017

XCaret Park in Cancun

Thursday we bought tickets to go to XCaret Park.  They picked us up bright and early on a big bus from our resort and drove us to another location, where we boarded another fancy bus and drove about an hour to XCaret.  They call it the Disneyland of Cancun, with no amusement park rides.  It was an expensive, but fun day.  We bought tickets for the park and when we got there we had to pay to do anything we wanted to do.  We swam with dolphins and that was super cool.  I thought I was going to freeze to death though.   It was 3:30 in the afternoon in the ocean and the wind was blowing.  We kept getting out and back in the water for 45 minutes, but I loved it.  We kissed the dolphin and we laid in the water flat on our bellies and two dolphins came and pushed our feet and we were able to stand in the water while they pushed us.  That was super cool.  We also rubbed the dolphins belly and head and she talked to us.  The next big adventure was the sea trek.  We all started out doing it but, Tianna only lasted 2 minutes and didn't like it.  She isn't a big fan of water and especially the ocean.  I have to admit, I was the one that wanted to do it and I ended up not liking it.  I was super sick by the time I got done.  It was to much movement of the water and you couldn't see as well as I hoped because there were 20 of us walking around on the ocean floor stirring up sand.  We went 18 feet below the surface and my ears started hurting so bad.  We were under there about 20 minutes and I was so afraid I was either going to pass out or throw up the whole time.  I'm glad I did it though and didn't give up.  Jayson and Jayden got on the adrenalina boat.  They go out in the ocean 60 mph and do a 180.  A huge wave of water comes over the top of the boat and fills it up and then it drains out.  They loved it.  There are also lots of animals at XCaret.   They have monkeys, parrots, jaguars, butterflies horses, sea turtles, etc.  We also saw the night show.  It was a super fun day and the park was beautiful.  We got back to our resort late and we were all exhausted.  Luckily Friday was a down day of laying on the beach and then it was time to head home Saturday.  I always hate to leave when I'm on the beach.
Jayson and Jayden did this.

Sea trek and I have no idea who these people are.




The monkeys in the tree made loud, scary hissing noises.



The cool show they put on.





There were cool caves we swam through for about 30 minutes.
I love to swim so I left everyone in the dust.  Jayson said he
can't believe what a good swimmer I am.  I grew up swimming
at the pool while my mom lifeguarded.

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's