Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Road Trip With My Love

Jayson came home from work Friday and said he needed to go to Loveland, Colorado on Monday to pick up a part.  He asked if I wanted to go and of course, I wasn't going to pass up a road trip with my favorite.  Plus, I haven't been there in 11 years and the drive from St. George to Colorado is one of the most gorgeous drives ever.  I changed around my schedule for nails and a couple of other things on Monday and Tuesday and we were off.  We drove through Wyoming the first day, so that we would avoid rush hour in Denver.  I had never been on the road between Laramie, Wyoming and Loveland.  It was really pretty.  Since we went that way we got to go through Provo Canyon and Heber.  My favorite drive in Utah.  We got in about 7:30 and took Jayson's sister Janna and her husband Rick to a Japanese steak house.  Their hibachi was so good, but their sushi wasn't even close to Sakura's.  Janna and Rick offered to let us stay with them.  We were going to rent a room, but we just stayed with them.  I had never seen the house they live in.  It was very pretty and a little over 5,000 square feet, which is a really big house to me.  We stayed up till after midnight visiting.  Tuesday morning we woke up to Janna frying scones and turkey bacon.  So yummy!  We headed over to pick up the part Jayson bought and by the time we got all loaded up and Jayson did some networking we didn't get out until 11.  We drove through Colorado and it was so beautiful.  We had such a good time talking and just spending time together.  What a fun two days.  I was exhausted from traveling over 1,400 miles in 36 hours, but anything is worth alone time with my guy!

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's