Monday, April 6, 2020

Covid-19 - Coronavirus

It's crazy how fast your life can change.  We went from basically living our lives how we choose,  to being quarantined in our homes away from family and friends to try to fight this Coronavirus pandemic that was supposedly started in China by a man eating a bat.  There are so many theory's about this and a lot of people believe it was started in a lab by China to hurt the United States and bring President Trump down.  I have my opinions, but I am not one that gets into all the day to day negativity and fighting back and forth about opinions and view points.  We have been very fortunate to live here in Southern Utah were things have stayed mostly the same as usual.  I haven't worked in 5 weeks because all the restaurants are closed down except for take out and we haven't really been practicing social distancing in our home.  Our kids still come over for Sunday dinner and we still just do the usual things that families do.  Things are different at stores with employees wearing gloves and masks and even some people shopping wearing masks.  I don't feel the need to wear a mask or gloves.  I just don't like the glum feeling and the scared looks on everyones face and the feeling that you may be invading someones space if you get to close to them.  I actually don't even think about what is going on much and was at the store the other day and saw a co-worker from Hash House.  I went right over and gave her a big hug and a few minutes later realized I had invaded her space and wasn't staying 6 feet away from her.  Ooops.  I'm such a give hugs person and touchy person anyway that I just don't think about it.  Jayson has had to remind me in the store to stay back and give people their space.  I'm so thankful to live in Southern Utah where the sun shines almost everyday and I am able to get outside and enjoy fresh clean air and beauty all around.  I have been getting a kick out of all of the memes on social media since this virus started.  Here are a few favorites and I am going to weigh 200 lbs if I don't get back to my fitness classes and stop baking everyday.
Lots of crazy things going on in our world right
now.  Salt Lake had an earthquake a few weeks
ago and the Angel Moroni's trumpet fell off.
There was an earthquake in Boise Idaho a few days
after that and we had a small one here in Washington
last week.  That is the 3rd one since we have
lived in Southern Utah, but they have all been
small ones that you barely feel.

This one is my most favorite.
That's what I feel like after baking
for weeks and eating everything in sight.

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's