Wednesday, August 26, 2015

First Freshman Football Game

Tonight was Jayden's first football game as a Freshman and it was in a little town about 45 minutes from here called Enterprise.  I checked the weather before we went because we were supposed to get rain here and of course, it showed no rain.  As soon as we got there it started raining.  Thank goodness they at least had a dollar store.  Half of the teams parents were in there buying umbrellas, blankets, and rain ponchos.  Since we are from St. George we were all in flip flops and shorts.  We got so cold and wet and with 3 minutes left of the 3rd quarter they had to stop the game for 30 minutes because of lightening and it poured so hard.  Jayson and I went to the car to try to get warm and then we didn't want to get out.  We have become real wusses since living in this wonderful, warm place.  We decided to head home because we didn't want to wait 30 minutes and Jayden hadn't played at all.  His team has enough kids for at least 3 full teams maybe 4, so I don't think Jayden will be seeing much playing time this season.  Of course, we leave and he plays for a couple of minutes in the 4th quarter.  I was so sad that I missed it.  When he got home late I noticed first thing that his pants were dirty and I felt so bad.  I tried to redeem myself by fixing him something good to eat.
10 has always been my favorite # and
his dad was 10 one year.


This was the best picture I could get

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's