Friday, April 22, 2016

In-Laws

My in-laws called a couple of weeks ago and said they sold their house and are moving to St. George.  I think I'm still in shock because we have been here almost 11 years and they have been saying they are moving down and never have.  My father in-law will be 77 in August and my mother in-law will be 75 in June, so they are getting up there in age.  My mother in-law weighs 90 lbs and is so frail.  She has broken both her shoulders and her hip in the last 3 years, so she just lays around all day and has to be waited on and taken care of.  It's sad to see her in that condition.  She has had a prescription pill problem for 45 years, so she hasn't been able to do much for years.  They got here Sunday to look for a house and just left this morning.  It was a tiring, stressful week.   I went with them to pick out a house and they found a really nice one that is only about 1/2 of a mile from our house.  Now the work begins.  Unfortunately, they put their house up for sale before they had his shop cleaned out and the house gutted, so now it all has to be done in 3 weeks.  They have lived in Wyoming for 45 years.  So they have lots of stuff.   Jayson is going to Lovell in two weeks to spend 3 days helping throw away and clean stuff.  I'm definitely not looking forward to that at all and then when they get here it will be me putting everything away.  I have enjoyed not living close to family for the past 11 years.  I don't like being too involved in each others lives.  I hope it isn't too hard on us.

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's