Friday, September 8, 2017

Smith Brother's Coaching

While Dustin was growing up in Lovell, one of his very best friends that spent lots of time at our house, was Jake Smith.  He has always been a great guy and I've kept in touch with him over the years sending Christmas cards and texting to see how he is.  He always texts me to wish me a happy birthday and he has stopped by to visit a few times since we have lived in St. George.  A few years before we moved to St. George, his family moved to Ogden, Utah, where his dad was a football coach and principal.  Jake now has a wife and two little boys and coaches football for Magna, Utah with his two brothers.  One of his brothers was one of my brother Patrick's best friends, so I also know him well.  The Smith brother's football team, the Pirates, came to St. George to play Pineview High.  Jake texted me and asked if we could make it to the game and of course we could.  It was so fun watching the Smith guys coach and visiting with them after the game.  I always love it when friends are in town and let us know.

Coach Colter Smith talking to the guys.

Jake and Colter on the field and Jed on the left.

Loved seeing Jake.  What a great guy!

No comments:

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

The Thompson's